Selection Sunday has come and gone — the bracket for March Madness has been drawn and revealed. Some teams beat the odds to reach the bracket stage of the tournament, while others, like Michigan State, made their 20th consecutive trip to March Madness.
Who will be the last team standing this year, however? We caught up with some Knicks and Nets players on Sunday evening to get their predictions for March Madness.
We asked the guys:
1) Have they been watching games so far?
2) Which team do they think will win the tournament?
3) Which team do they predict will be the Cinderella story of the NCAA Tournament?
Check out their answers below
Chasson Randle – New York Knicks/Stanford University
1) “I haven’t watched too much, I can’t lie about that, but I’ve seen a few games.”
2) “That’s tough, man. I’m a PAC-12 guy, so somebody from the PAC-12.”
3) “If Butler is in I’ll probably say them because they seem to do it every year. They surprise people and go pretty far.”
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson – Brooklyn Nets/Arizona
1) “I’m only watching Arizona. That’s it. Kudos to those guys if they make it far, but I’m only watching Arizona!”
2) “Oh, Arizona, by far.”
3) “We’ve had a little bit of talk about that, but I’m gonna have to go with either Seton Hall or Michigan. Watching them play they compete. They have fun and they enjoy the game. Seton Hall — they got some dogs over there.”
Isaiah Whitehead – Brooklyn Nets/Seton Hall
1) “Yeah, especially since my team Seton Hall is gonna be in it. I’m definitely gonna be watching.”
2) “Seton Hall.”
3) “Seton Hall is gonna be the Cinderalla team! Actually, I like Michigan’s chances, too. They’re a great team, they came on late, but they’re playing some good basketball.”
Derrick Rose – New York Knicks/Memphis
1) “I’ve watched here-and-there. I don’t really watch until it gets serious.”
2) “I like North Carolina. I don’t know [if they’ll win] but I just like their team. I’m a North Carolina fan.”
3) “Not to say Cinderella because of how high they’re ranked, but Gonzaga is … they’re playing consistent, right? They’re surprising a lot of people this year, and I’m not saying they’re a Cinderella team, I’m talking about over the years they had good teams, but they never really got there in the end.”
Ron Baker – New York Knicks/Wichita State
1) “I’ll try to watch some of it. It just so happens that we play Thursday, and then don’t play again until the following Monday, so I’ll get a chance to watch some games when we’re not traveling.”
2) “It’s gonna be a pretty tough field. I like my alma mater, obviously. It’s hard not to pick them, but watching some of the games this past weekend, I really like Arizona. I feel like they play hard enough and a lot of key players have stepped up for them. I really like they way Duke’s been playing. In the Big East, Villanova is gonna be solid, they’ll be a tough out. So I’d say those three teams and [Wichita State] are the teams I’ll be looking at most.”
3) “I like [Wichita State]. I also like SMU. Hopefully Illinois State from my conference can sneak in there. Those three teams will be on my radar for making a run.”
Feature Image via: Getty Images